We were featured in the paper again this week with news about our work with the charity “Sing For Your Life”.
We are hoping to raise enough money to buy a Silver Song Music Box for the region with it being sent out to care homes in and around Newmarket to help with the wellbeing of Dementia, Parkinson’s or stroke sufferers.
The positive benefits of singing on our health and wellbeing are increasingly being documented. Some of the key findings over the past few years are that it:
- provides excellent cognitive stimulation therapy
- helps reduce stress & anxiety whilst increasing energy levels
- provides an inclusive activity (specially for those who are socially isolated)
- provides an effective reminiscence experience
- provides an inter-generational opportunity
We are excited that we can be a part of the fundraising for this wonderful charity and hope that we can reach our target and further help the local community.